- Lake Sonoma: approximately 20 minutes north, follow Dry Creek Road. Picnicking, boating, fish hatchery, trails, and Jet Ski rentals, 707-433-2200.
- Wine Tasting: visit as many of the 300 Sonoma County wineries you can fit in. Most all are open daily, with tasting and picnicking areas; some charge tasting fees. Range from large, world-renown labels to small, family-run operations; all are friendly and look forward to your visit. You can taste a large sampling of 5 appellations in one day: DryCreek, Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill, Green Valley, Russian River, and Napa Valley.
- Korbel Champagne Cellars, in Guerneville: 707-824-7000
- Mazzocco Winery: We sell our grapes to this spectacular, award winning winery. They are just around the corner from the Grape Escape.
- Outdoor Concerts in Healdsburg Plaza: Free concerts June through August every Tuesday evening in the downtown Plaza in Healdsburg. Visit www.healdsburg.org.
- Shopping in downtown Healdsburg: Healdsburg has many charming, unusual shops, and several wineries have tasting facilities in the downtown square.
- Antiquing: Healdsburg is known as an antique rich town, with many wonderful antique stores located within walking distance of each other and the downtown plaza. Visit www.healdsburg.org.
- Healdsburg Swimming Pool: call for schedule, 707-431-3613.
- River’s Edge Kayak & Canoe Trips: 707-433-7247
- Healdsburg Veteran’s Memorial Beach: summer swimming beach with lifeguards, barbeque/picnic area.
- Wine Country Bikes: bike rentals and guided tours. 707-473-0610
- Healdsburg Golf Club 707-433-4275
- Windsor Golf Club: 707-838-7888
- Above the Wine Country Hot Air Balloons: 707-538-7359
- Healdsburg Museum: 707-431-3325
- Healdsburg Dog Parks
- Healdsburg Parks: Healdsburg has two wonderful parks, The Family Playground at Recreation Park on University Ave., and Giorgi Park located on Terrace Blvd. It is just a five-minute drive to each from the Grape Escape. Visit www.healdsburg.org.
On the Coast (only 1 hour away):
- Bodega Bay: a small and very quaint town on the coast. Its claim to fame is the school used for filming Hitchcock’s “The Birds”. Some of the best dining can be found at either Lucas Wharf Restaurant and Bar 707-875-3522 or The Tides Restaurant 707-875-3652.
- Seal watching at Goat Rock (CA State Park): year-round; approximately 200 seals eat and sleep on a stretch of beach located at Goat Rock beach. You can’t get closer than 50 feet, but they are lovely to see. Great stretch of beach for walking and picnicking. Take River Road to the Ocean, take left fork toward Bodega Bay.
- River Road: a fun way to get to the Ocean from here is to go down River Road, and stop and look at some of the interesting things in the many small towns dotting this road which leads to the Ocean: Guerneville, Monte Rio, Duncans Mills and Jenner.
Spas & Massage:
- Healdsburg: several nice spas; for extra luxury, try A Simple Touch, 707-433-6856.
- Healdsburg Hotel Spa, 707-433-4747
- Right here at The Grape Escape: We have available several local massage therapists who will come to the house. Book early to guarantee times, 707-431-7985.
- Freestone: Osmosis is an enzyme bath and massage center located in Freestone (about 1 hour from Healdsburg). It features fragrant enzyme baths set in a very tranquil Japanese atmosphere, 707-823-8231.
Restaurants & Micro-Breweries:
Copyright © 2015-2016. The Grape Escape.